Twitter

Monday 28 February 2011

Downtime from craziness

Just noticed how I've begun a trend of 'what I'm watching' in order to attempt a neat (which turns out being clumsy) segue into a post. I'll keep it up as long as I can...

Currently halfway through The Shining. I've taken a break because a) It's still an intense watch despite its age, b) I've seen half of it already and pretty much know what happens in the second half c) In an attempt to lengthen the scant few films I haven't seen, I'm re-watching My Name is Earl season 1 d) Which is awesome. e) Still.


As promised on twitter, this post is gonna be about all the shenanigans from last week. Well, almost all...

I had two essays due, one for Tuesday, one for Friday. True to form, I finished both of them on the morning of they days they were to be handed in. Although they were each sub par in their own ways, I've got to give it to the Science Fiction essay this time. It gets the award for the most rambling and craptacular piece of work..- Actually that is still held by the Practical Film essay I did before Christmas, but this was certainly a runner up. On the plus side, advance preparation for my next Sci-Fi essay starts soon. Little more eager for this one cause it's gonna be on Superman. That's right, I get to write essays about Superman. At University. Win.


These essays were buffered by rehearsals for the musical and play I'm currently in. The performances for both are on the tail of one another - speaking of which, buy ticket to come see me in Carousel! Here's the link if ya fancy it - which means that as hectic as things felt last week, it's gonna get even more so as we near show weeks. As of now though, things feel somewhat less stressful, as I've learnt close to all my lines and I'm aware of what I've got to work on. Could well just be the calm before the storm though...


As those who lurk on facebook as much as I do when procrastinating might already know, I recently turned that lady I mentioned a few posts back into my girlfriend. Early days I know, but we've got lots in common and things are progressing at a really nice pace, so this could blossom into something great if I'm lucky. I'll keep you posted of course, whether you care or not!


BALLS. Writing this blog post has made me realise this is not what I should be doing with my time... No, not the reading that I need to do for my seminar on Thursday, but my good ol' Curriculum Vitae. For two blissful years last I was in the wonderful position of being employed on a part time basis, ending in August of last year. This meant that I didn't have to even think about updating my CV as I went along. The job hunt (most all of which require me to hand in a CV) sees me starting from scratch, as that last job was before I had even started all but one of my A levels. A friend has provided me with a template, but it's just one of those things I can't motivate myself to do. No change there then...


I was gonna write a bit on the Oscars, but as usual, very few surprises to ramble about. Pleased with the wins The Fighter got, think best director should've gone to Boyle or Fincher, Tron should've been nominated for soundtrack etc... Think it's evident that we're a few years off of films like Inception actually having a chance of winning best picture - we can always hope I guess.


I'm off out now, so that's all for this week.

Have a rip roaring March wherever you are and whatever you're doing people!

No comments:

Post a Comment