Twitter

Friday 11 February 2011

That's Entertainment. Or not.

Currently watching American Beauty as part of the 'let's actually watch some of the movies I've not watched in my DVD collection' movement I've recently begun. Heat and American History X were dusted off most recently. So far, all very solid films.


Speaking of which, the screenings for my World Cinema module are finally picking up the slack last seen with the disappointing Nosferatu. Both Battleship Potemkin and The Rules of the Game have dazzled this past fortnight. Put down some good money to see The Fighter the other week - go check it out at your local cinema whilst it's around, one fantastic flick. So far, 2011 is shaping up to be an amazing year for films, but I'll be sure to do another blog post about that nearer some of the big releases.


All's well in my wild module too with some cool little sci-fi stories being discussed in my very lively seminar group.


This post was going to be entirely dedicated to a gig I went to last week, but I decided that it could be written about without my usual tendency to ramble on 'til the reader gets bored.


The band was Angels & Airwaves. I've blogged about them before, but this was my first time seeing them live. Not only that, it was coupled with a VIP experience where we got to sit onstage for soundcheck, meet the band, get stuff signed, have photos taken with them etc. Tom Delonge's music, both in Blink 182 and AVA, has inspired me for years. Having the chance to tell him that was something I definitely won't be forgetting anytime soon.On top of their astounding set, it was nothing short of incredible.


In other news, I'm currently nearing the end of a search for a costume to wear to next week's Musical Theatre Society Social. The theme is The Rocky Horror Picture Show and Repo-The Genetic Opera. I'm going with Rocky, dressing up as the 'hero' Brad Majors. I'm taking the easy way out, but given how demanding some of the outfits in both shows are, I'm pretty glad I have…


Think that's enough for this post. Got an essay to write next week, so I might just wait until I've got a bit more to say than 'this week was boring because essay' before my next blog post. Although it is on Eisenstein, so I guess we shall see about that.

In the meantime, have a great weekend whatever you're doing and hopefully a lovely Valentine's day too!

No comments:

Post a Comment